Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 2

Well Day 2 was equally as awesome. We went to this place called Xel-Ha you say it shell ha. It was their version of a water park. It was pretty neat. They had this long river that we rode down. We started on tubes. Their was this place called the cliff of courage. We stopped their to jump off of it. I don't have any pictures because I didn't have my camera with me in the water. And well we were both jumping. Ryan managed to lose his snorkeling mask and his locker key in a matter of 20 minutes. Fortunately he spotted his snorkeling mask and he got that but he lost his locker key and we had to pay 5 bucks to replace it. What a guy.
Anyway the jump off the cliff was fun.
We got back on our tubes for awhile, then I was having a hard time going anywhere so we jumped in the water and started our snorkeling adventure. It took us awhile to find where the fish were but we did find them. They like to stick close to the coral the the rocks. It was pretty cool to see. We were both feeling a little sea sick so we got out and relaxed for a bit and got something to eat. Now that I knew where all the great fish where I wanted to get back in but Rye had had enough. Not much of a water guy to begin with.
So we found a great spot where he could sit in read in the shade and I could get back in for more exploring. I only lasted about 30 minutes and I was done. The constant motion of the water moving was more than my stomach could handle. So I got out and sat in the sun for an hour. Then it was on to the best part of the day. I went and swam with the dolphins. It was great. It was such an awesome experience and I was glad Rye persuaded me to go for it.
It was amazing what a calm feeling it was to be in the water with them. They were so breathtaking and calm. They felt like soft rubber. You wanted to just grab on to their fin and let them take you for a ride. But of course you couldn't. You could have the dolphin give you a ride but of course it cost extra. Everything down their is about the money. That's another post.
Anyway it was amazing and an experience I will never forget.
Later we came home and of course took our daily nap. Got showered and dressed up for the evening. This night we had decided to go to the Mexican restaurant. But it was closed as they had set up tones of tables and chairs on the plaza for a big Mexican buffet. We had a blast visiting with friends and they brought out a mechanical bull. Rye got in line to go do it but they shut it down before he had a chance to get on.
It was a great night and an awesome day.

1 comment:

Brenny said...

Sounds wonderful. Swimming with dolphins looked so cool -- what a neat experience.